Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Stab at Making a Difference

Today I was sitting and chatting with my roommate "Julie" about Reece's Rainbow and my passion therefor. She essentially said she was not satisfied with me simply posting and praying and that I should be doing something to make a "real" difference.

I asked for ideas. She gave me many, including starting a Facebook group. That one took hold.

As a result of my conversation with "Julie", there is now a Facebook group entitled "Reece's Rainbow Awareness." The group description will tell you more about what we are doing. This is a small group hoping to make a small difference, but an open group, meaning anyone can join and participate, and this could lead to a big group making a big difference. Won't you join me in my efforts?

[Edited to add: Call me an idiot, but in my eagerness to make a difference I did not check ahead of time and only found the official Reece's Rainbow group after I made mine. I would like to still keep mine, however, as a place specifically for teens and young adults to discuss ways to make a difference without spending much money.]

P.S. Never stop remembering and praying for/donating to/whatever you can do to help the little boys, ages 3-5, with Down Syndrome, listed on Reece's Rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!