Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Older Boys

I just got done looking at Down Syndrome boys, 10+ on the Reece's Rainbow website. The sobering truth is that, out of all the Reece's Rainbow children, these boys comprise the group least likely to get adopted. For some reason, more adoptive parents want girls than boys; on top of that there is the simple fact that, as the children get older, it is harder to find them families.

I am not saying everyone on here should go adopt an older boy with Down Syndrome. I'm not even sure I could adopt and raise an older boy with Down Syndrome. (I do want to adopt someday, possibly a child with disabilities, but not an older boy.) I am asking that, if you want to raise awareness, pray, donate, or otherwise help any child on Reece's Rainbow, please consider these boys.

Also, Domino Status Flood has officially begun! Only one friend of mine has posted a status so far, but the day is still quite young. I am excited.

[Edited to add: We have so far only gotten six participants including me. Given what's going on between Israel and the Gaza strip right now, however, I am neither surprised nor dissatisfied. Even if only these six post and no one else does today, I still feel that I have accomplished something.] 

If you see this, please participate in Domino Status Flood by setting your status to a three sentence or so blurb about Reece's Rainbow and leaving it there for two hours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!