Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Overburdened

I hardly know where to begin tonight. Despite not wanting to go all political on this blog, I have to post a little bit about the situation in Israel and Gaza:

1. Air strikes continue back and forth.
2. Civilian casualties continue to occur on both sides.
3. My father thinks this could be a distraction for Iran's progress towards a nuclear warhead.
4. THE SEPHARDI CHIEF RABBI OF ISRAEL HAS CALLED FOR PSALM 83 TO BE ADDED TO DAILY PRAYERS.

Despite the situation in Israel, however, I cannot stop praying for "Rheann" and the other children listed on Reece's Rainbow. They continue to need our prayers as well; nothing about their situation or needs has changed just because Gaza and Israel are at war. Tonight I looked at HIV+ children ages 0-5. It's a shame these children are considered "disabled." HIV is a truly manageable condition; with the right medications, people with HIV can have a full lifespan. Additionally, HIV can only be spread via mixing of bodily fluids. Kissing, hugging, drinking from the same cup, and other types of casual family contact CANNOT spread HIV!

Also, before I forget: I have a spot in my doctor's RND rehab program! I start Monday morning, and I am SO excited. It is not so much that I am excited to go through the program itself--that will be grueling and not very pleasant--but that I am looking forward to coming out the other end, out into the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!