Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

More Reece's Rainbow

Although this part of the post is very important, I want to get it out of the way so I can focus the rest of this post on "Rheann."

This morning I "browsed" through Down Syndrome girls, ages 6-9. I'm telling you they're at least worth looking at and praying for. Maybe donate a little something too; a bunch of "little somethings" really add up and can make a lot of difference, allowing a family who could never finance an adoption on their own to actually consider it and maybe even go for it. Also, you all should know that the children listed cannot keep their individual grants once they turn ten; at that point, all the money is pooled into a general "older child" fund.

Earlier this morning I wrote a letter to "Rheann." Completely silly, I know, because to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to send things like that to these kids (I tried once before to send a birthday card when "my" previous little boy turned three), but I had to get my feelings out because they were so intense. I am praying for her, I care what happens to her, and I would like to say that I love her, although that's hard to tell based only on two pictures and a month and year of birth.

I must say, however, that I was very relieved when the newer photograph of her first appeared on Reece's Rainbow sometime last year. Many of these children are very delayed in all areas of development, partly due to disabilities and partly due to institutional living. The first picture of "Rheann," the one I saw when I was first matched with her, depicted what appeared to be a three or four year old who was supposedly ten. The new picture portrays a child who appears to be six or seven but is really almost eleven; that, however, is much more encouraging than the old picture. Am I making sense?

For your reference, here are both pictures: (You've seen them both before, but I wanted to post them together for comparison's sake.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!