Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Despair and Tragedy

Despair and tragedy fill my heart and continue to strengthen my questioning of God as I think over what I just read at http://flightplatform.blogspot.co.uk/ about the young men in an Eastern European mental institute. Some of these young men are MY AGE, some even younger. I wonder again what kind of God would allow this, and where God is in their suffering. I think Martin Buber would say that God is in the donations being made to help the living standard in these institutes improve.

Anyway, far more important right now than "Where is God?" is "How can we help?" I am young; I have little spare money; all I can do is publicize and raise awareness. So that is what I am doing. PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE. follow the link in the top paragraph to learn what you can do to help.

Please do something. Even if you cannot donate anything, just blog, post on facebook, pray...find a way to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!