Remember "my" little girl? "My" little "Erin?" Well, I could not find her on the Reece's Rainbow website anymore, and was told by someone who works with them (Julia at covenantbuilders.blogspot.com) that her name was now "Rheann." I thought Julia meant someone had adopted "Rheann," and I stopped praying.
Well, silly me, folks. I have an important announcement. "RHEANN" STILL DOES NOT HAVE A FAMILY. That's right; you read that correctly. "MY" LITTLE GIRL IS STILL HOMELESS. From the background in her picture, she appears to be in a good place, but no matter how good, an orphanage is not a home.
I would repost her picture so everyone could see the little girl for whom I'm praying, but I want to make sure it's legal first. For those who want to see it now (actually, there are two pictures of her) she is on the Down Syndrome Girls 10+ page on reecesrainbow.org
[Edited to add: Here is her picture!]
"My" first prayer-child, a little boy, found his home back in August of 2010. I signed up to be a "prayer warrior" (Reece's Rainbow terminology; not a very Jewish-sounding term, I know) for a second time immediately after.
That means I've been praying for "Rheann" since August of 2010. It's November of 2012, people. In just the short time that I've "known" her, "my" little girl has been waiting for a home for over two years...and God only knows how long she was waiting before that.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2016 (111)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- Apparently I do have it in me to post today, so I ...
- Sick to my Stomach
- The Weight of the World
- Across the World
- I Stand with Israel
- Older Boys
- Domino Status Flood
- More Reece's Rainbow
- On the Reece's Rainbow Front...
- My Heart is Breaking
- One more blog post for the night...
- A Stab at Making a Difference
- Visions, and a Friend
- A Revised View of God
- Reece's Rainbow Listings Are Real People
- The Emotions Behind the Scenes
- Despair and Tragedy
- My Quest
- On a Journey
- I no longer know You: An Open Letter
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!