Tonight at midnight kicks off my very first Facebook event that I organized, Domino Status Flood. (The title made more sense in my head than it does out here.) The idea behind it is to publicize Reece's Rainbow so that maybe someone somewhere, with greater means than mine, will donate or even just pray a little extra. To that end, I have asked everyone I know and dare to bother to please post a 3-5 sentence blurb about Reece's Rainbow as their Facebook status sometime tomorrow and leave it there for two hours.
Now here's the exciting part. In terms of who's participating, I have: seven "yes" answers on the actual event, one "maybe" answer on the actual event, four confirmed "yes" answers via other means, and three or four (I lost count somewhere) contacts who have yet to get back to me. That means, at a minimum, I have ELEVEN people lined up to advocate for Reece's Rainbow tomorrow.
I know it's not a lot. That's a small number of people. But if every one of those eleven people gets the attention of eleven more people...we are going somewhere. And you know what? Even if only one person donates one dollar to one child...well, as they say in the starfish story, "It made a difference to that one."
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (111)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- Apparently I do have it in me to post today, so I ...
- Sick to my Stomach
- The Weight of the World
- Across the World
- I Stand with Israel
- Older Boys
- Domino Status Flood
- More Reece's Rainbow
- On the Reece's Rainbow Front...
- My Heart is Breaking
- One more blog post for the night...
- A Stab at Making a Difference
- Visions, and a Friend
- A Revised View of God
- Reece's Rainbow Listings Are Real People
- The Emotions Behind the Scenes
- Despair and Tragedy
- My Quest
- On a Journey
- I no longer know You: An Open Letter
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!