A break from all the Reece's Rainbow stuff, but just as important, if not more, right now:
Israel has been under nearly constant missile fire from Gaza since withdrawal from the Gaza Strip in 2005. Over 800 rockets have fallen this year alone, 245 of them in the last day.
Yes, that's right: over the last 24 hours, approximately ten rockets per hour have fallen on Israel.
Sadly, although the situation is magnified, the scene is not unfamiliar. Children in the area are literally growing up with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) as similarly traumatized adults try to keep them safe as they raise them.
Israel responded to this attack with their own missile fire last night, and they are planning a ground attack as well.
Lives, soldier and civilian, are in danger. We must stand strong. Hear me now: I AM A JEW. I STAND WITH ISRAEL.
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (111)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- Apparently I do have it in me to post today, so I ...
- Sick to my Stomach
- The Weight of the World
- Across the World
- I Stand with Israel
- Older Boys
- Domino Status Flood
- More Reece's Rainbow
- On the Reece's Rainbow Front...
- My Heart is Breaking
- One more blog post for the night...
- A Stab at Making a Difference
- Visions, and a Friend
- A Revised View of God
- Reece's Rainbow Listings Are Real People
- The Emotions Behind the Scenes
- Despair and Tragedy
- My Quest
- On a Journey
- I no longer know You: An Open Letter
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!