Although, given yesterday's action, this may not be my last blog post of the day, I feel like posting now. I can always edit it or post again later.
Since last night, my heart has been breaking again and again every time I think of "Rheann." I really did think that she had a family, and the realization that she does not, that the little girl for whom I prayed for two years (with a break when I thought she had a family) still does not have a home, is earth-shattering, or at least me-shattering.
Also, just a little while ago I was on the Reece's Rainbow website looking at the page I was up to for today: Down Syndrome girls, 3-5. Break my heart all over again. Such adorable little girls, and so many of them labeled "transferred." I can barely imagine what they must look like now as opposed to how they looked in their baby house pictures.
Also, about the Facebook group: I am going to let it sit for a week just to see what happens to it, but then I have a couple of ideas for ways to help that require only a few minutes of your time. [Edited to add: Screw the waiting-a-week thing, I an starting the first event now.]
Here I am dropping a "prayer rock" in the "River of God": May "Rheann" and all the others (but especially "Rheann") stay safe and well cared for and find homes soon!
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."
I believe in God.
I believe in God.
- ► 2017 (58)
- ► 2016 (111)
- ► 2015 (85)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (55)
- Apparently I do have it in me to post today, so I ...
- Sick to my Stomach
- The Weight of the World
- Across the World
- I Stand with Israel
- Older Boys
- Domino Status Flood
- More Reece's Rainbow
- On the Reece's Rainbow Front...
- My Heart is Breaking
- One more blog post for the night...
- A Stab at Making a Difference
- Visions, and a Friend
- A Revised View of God
- Reece's Rainbow Listings Are Real People
- The Emotions Behind the Scenes
- Despair and Tragedy
- My Quest
- On a Journey
- I no longer know You: An Open Letter
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (47)
- I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!