Welcome!

"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how big your God is."

I believe in God.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Quest

So as I believe I mentioned a couple days ago, I am on a quest to find a God in Whom I can believe without feeling like a hypocrite. To that end, I have started reading theology/philosophy, most of it Jewish, beginning with a book called The Many Faces of God. The book is comprised of excerpts from the works of many theologians and philosophers, mostly Jewish but not all.

I have read through the sections on two writers, Martin Buber and Mordechai Kaplan. Buber states that God can be found in community and in people helping one another; Kaplan's God is the force of good in the world. I find both to be inaccurate depictions.

Just a side note: In a couple of places, Buber almost literally described my visions etc. I thought that was fantastic, cool, and freaky because I have never encountered anyone who understood or had experienced that kind of stuff before. It's not that I ever thought I was the only one who could do this kind of stuff, but reading the writing of someone else who (probably) had had similar things happen to him was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a bipolar, Jewish young adult (had my Hebrew birthday, the one I count, and turned 23 this past January) who also suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I love life and I live for my best friends: they are my purpose and my reason for trying so hard. I remain passionately devoted to those I love; I will not let my disorders make me totally self-centered. I like to read, write, and sew. My Rabbinical school plans did not work out, and I am now hoping to go into the field of Early Childhood Education. Please note: I am currently maintaining only Carried in His Hands. Enjoy!